The Heritage Foundation’s acclaimed Young Leaders Program proudly announces The Academy, an online program for rising leaders!
The Academy has been crafted to educate students, young professionals, and civic leaders on the foundational principles of American political thought and the important policy debates facing our country. This 12-week program is designed to increase your leadership capabilities and to help you engage more meaningfully in your communities and more confidently in policy debates.
Through a series of three weekly, private one-hour webinars participants will:
- Engage with Heritage scholars, policy experts and movement leaders
- Study the foundational principles of American political thought
- Explore current issues in foreign, domestic, and economic policy
- Take part in in-depth leadership training, career exploration panels and job skills seminars
- Participate in reading groups and discussions
The spring 12-week online program will be offered from January 11 through April 2, 2021.
Participants must attend 80% of the Academy program in order to graduate and receive The Academy’s certificate of completion. Academy graduates will then be able to list this credential on resumes, and will be eligible to participate in more advanced programs, including our in-person Internship Program, and future events offered by The Heritage Foundation.
"As the Executive Director for the Young Conservatives of Texas, educating students is my number one priority. The Heritage Foundation's Academy is the best resource I have found so far for educating students in a holistic manner on public policy. I have encouraged every chapter chair in my organization to apply for The Academy. The Academy not only provides students with a holistic entry-level policy course, but also a deep dive into public policy. I heavily recommend participating in the Academy." - Manfred Wendt, Executive Director, Young Conservatives of Texas
"The Academy program presents the perfect mix between conservative philosophy and policy.The holistic approach is as perfect for someone starting to discover conservatism as for someone who is already part of the movement. This program provides its participants with in-depth readings,great speakers, and an amazing supporting team. As someone from outside the United States, it was a great opportunity to get top-level education about conservative principles, policy proposals, and the founding ideals that make the United States the freest nation in the world." - Araceli Pinto, Former aide to the president of the Peruvian Congress
How to Apply
This program is offered at no cost to participants. To apply, please fill out and submit the application found here.
Academy Program Dates:
- 2021 Spring Academy Program: January 11 through April 2
- 2021 Summer Academy Program: May 17 through August 6
- 2021 Fall Academy Program: August 30 through November 19
- The Academy Summer 2021 Program: May 1, 2021
- The Academy Fall 2021 Program: August 1, 2021
- The Academy Spring 2022 Program: November 7, 2021