Teachers can improve their teaching skills by participating in this apprenticeship where they receive mentorship and delve into classical education.
The Institute's mission is to promote civic and personal virtue through the strengthening and expansion of classical, liberal arts education.
- A publication that emphasizes how the good, true, and beautiful shape the lives of children in the classroom.
- Find a Classical Education Academy
Institute for Catholic Liberal Education
The Institute for Catholic Liberal Education inspires and equips Catholic educators to renew today’s Catholic schools by drawing on the Church’s tradition of education, which frees teachers and students for the joyful pursuit of faith, wisdom, and virtue.
- Workshops and Consultation Services
- Find an ICLE school near you
- Programs for school leaders
The Society for Classical Learning exists to foster human flourishing by making classical Christian education thrive.
- Resources for Educators
The Bill of Rights Institute is non-profit educational organization that works to engage, educate, and empower individuals with a passion for the freedom and opportunity that exist in a free society.
- Student Programs
- Educator Resources
- Professional Development
- Institute Curricula
- Free Online U.S. History Resource
- Founding Documents and Resources
- Documents of Freedom
- A comprehensive digital course on History, Government & Economic
- Voices of Freedom
- A free digital storehouse featuring twelve of BRI’s best primary source-based lesson plans.
Arts of Liberty Project
The Arts of Liberty Project is an online, interdisciplinary resource for teachers and students of the liberal arts and liberal education. Our resources include lesson plans for entire courses the classical liberal arts of logic, rhetoric, arithmetic, geometry, and astronomy as well as study guides for great books on mathematics, natural science, literature, history, politics, philosophy, and theology.
- Liberal Arts Courses
- Study Guides
- “Unlike our lesson plans on the liberal arts, which are organized into courses, our resources on the great books take the form of study guides for independent reading or reading as a group.”
- Other study guides include Theology, Philosophy, History, Literature, and Natural Science.
St John’s College
St. John’s offers a certificate in the liberal arts for teachers. The certificate is completed over two summer semesters.
- Liberal Arts Education Certificate (for teachers)
University of Dallas
Classical Education Graduate Program aspires to form educators as master teachers. Students in the program explore the historical, philosophic, literary, aesthetic, rhetorical, and scientific roots of the liberal arts in the Western tradition.
- Classical Education Graduate Program
- Master of Arts with Classical Education Concentration
- Master of Humanities with Classical Education Concentration
- Certificate in Classical Learning
Classical Academic Press
A program designed to prepare teachers for the classroom, mentoring, and administration.
The Templeton Honors College at Eastern University
A master’s program designed for teachers at classical schools. The program is completed in two years.
- Templeton’s Master of Arts in Teaching
- The Summer Scholars Program
- A summer program for high school students exposing them to liberal education.
Arizona State University: School of Civics and Economic Thought and Leadership
ASU undergraduates can major in this program. The university also offers a Masters of Arts (Fall 2020) which is designed for teachers at classical schools.
- Master of Arts in Classical Liberal Education and Leadership
- Civic Leadership Institute (for high school students)
- Constitutional Rights and Liberties Program
- Abraham Lincoln and American Principles Program
- The Arizona Constitution Project
- This project aims to help Arizonans better understand how their state constitution works in conjunction with U.S. federalism.
- The Civic Discourse Project