- Challenge traditional views of farms - Americans are less supportive of subsidies to multi-million dollar, hobby, and technologically-advanced farms.
- Success stories like those in New Zealand help to allay fears over impact of reducing subsidies.
- Grab attention with high costs to taxpayers.
- Highlight weaker subsidies to very large or very small farms, when crops have not been impacted, or for minor dips in revenue.
- Referring to subsidies as money from taxpayers increases opposition by 6% on average.
Source: Recommendations based off an online survey using a national representative sample of 902 U.S. voters conducted August 26, 2016 with a margin of error of ±3.3%.