July 24, 2020 VIRTUAL EVENT: Wokeism at Work: How "Critical Theory" and Anti-Racism Training Divide America
Following the death of George Floyd, books such as White Fragility rose on bestseller lists and “anti-racist” training programs saw a massive increase in demand in corporate America and governments at all levels. Will this new form of identity politics truly heal our nation?
Friday, Jul 24, 2020
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Following the death of George Floyd, books such as White Fragility rose on bestseller lists and “anti-racist” training programs saw a massive increase in demand in corporate America and governments at all levels, and concepts like “unconscious bias” and “internalized racial superiority” found their way into everyday conversation. What is the origin of Critical Race Theory that informs much of this training and what are its goals? And, will this new form of identity politics truly heal our nation? Join us for a discussion on the pervasive trends that, under the guise of equality, make diversity training in government, corporate America, and schools pernicious, divisive, and destructive.
James Lindsay | @ConceptualJames
- Order your copy of “Cynical Theories: How Activist Scholarship Made Everything about Race, Gender, and Identity—and Why This Harms Everybody"
- New Discourses guide on “How to Talk to Your Employers About Anti-Racism”
- New Discourses encyclopedia on social justice terminology, “Translations from the Wokish"
- Graphics on "Anti-Racism" versus liberalism
Christopher Rufo | @RealChrisRufo
- City Journal piece, “Cult Programming in Seattle”
- New York Post piece, “Obscene federal ‘diversity training’ scam prospers – even under Trump”
- Twitter thread on "diversity training" at the U.S. Department of the Treasury
- Complimentary link to watch “America Lost” documentary
Mike Gonzalez | @Gundisalvus
- Order your copy of “The Plot to Change America: How Identity Politics is Dividing the Land of the Free”
- Heritage Explains podcast on his book, “The Left’s Plot to Change America”
- Upcoming webinar on Aug. 4 featuring Mike Gonzalez and talk-show host Michael Knowles
Additional Heritage Resources
- Katie Gorka on “Standing Up to 'Wokeness' and the Intolerance of the Mob”
- Katie Gorka on "Why We Must Advocate for Better Civics Education in Our Schools"
- Eleanor Krasne on "How Leftists' Critical Race Theory Poisons Our Discussion of Racism"
- Two complimentary chapters “The Rise of the Postmodern Left” and “Why the Postmodern Left is Not Liberalism” from Heritage’s Executive Vice President Kim Holmes’ book “The Closing of the Liberal Mind: How Groupthink and Intolerance Define the Left”