July 27, 2022 Promise to America’s Parents: How Congress and the States Can Protect Parental Rights
Congress and the states can strengthen policies and laws to protect the fundamental rights of parents. Join us to learn how.
Wednesday, Jul 27, 2022
10:00 am - 11:30 am
The Heritage Foundation
- Lindsey Burke, Ph.D., Director, Center for Education Policy & Mark A. Kolokotrones Fellow in Education, The Heritage Foundation
- Jonathan Butcher, Will Skillman Fellow in Education, Center for Education Policy, The Heritage Foundation
- Ginny Gentles, Senior Policy Analyst & Director, Education Freedom Center, Independent Women’s Forum
- Emilie Kao, Senior Counsel & Vice President of Advocacy Strategy, Alliance Defending Freedom
- Joseph Kohm, Director of Public Policy, Family Policy Alliance
- Roger Severino, Vice President, Domestic Policy, The Heritage Foundation
- Matt Sharp, Senior Counsel & State Government Relations National Director, Alliance Defending Freedom
- Jay Richards, Ph.D.,William E. Simon Senior Research Fellow & Director, Devos Center for Life, Family, and Religion The Heritage Foundation
Parents have the basic right to direct the upbringing, education, and care of their children. The Constitution protects this right. But today, government overreach and destructive ideologies threaten children and the rights of American moms and dads.
Government officials have broken the trust of parents. Schools are using toxic ideas about race and gender, rooted in Critical Theory, to define students’ identities. Teachers and administrators are treating students as members of the opposite sex behind their parents’ backs. Counselors and doctors are fast-tracking children to undergo experimental and irreversible cross-sex interventions on their bodies.
Congress and the states can strengthen policies and laws to protect the fundamental rights of parents. The Promise to America's Parents provides lawmakers with a path to restoring what has been broken.
Join us for a panel discussion with experts to learn how to protect parental rights and children from today's ideological threats.
COMMENTARY 4 min read
COMMENTARY 3 min read
COMMENTARY 3 min read