President Bush announced his comprehensive energy plan for the country Thursday, May 15. The president's plan is an overdue balanced approach to meet our nation's long-term energy needs and preserve our economic prosperity. In a nutshell, the president's plan does the following:
- Maintains 21st Century quality of life that American families
have worked so hard to achieve;
- Ensures domestic supply meets increasing demand;
- Upgrades aging infrastructure to get the end-product/power to
- Modernizes conservation and energy efficiency through use
state-of-the art technology;
- Expands energy trade with Canada, Mexico and other countries to
reduce our dependency on OPEC and rogue nations around the world
for our energy needs.
For more visit Heritage's Energy and the Environment Key Issues page.
Journalists: To contact a Heritage analyst on any issue, please call 202-675-1761.
Charli E. Coon is Senior Policy Analyst, Energy and Environment at The Heritage Foundation