The Web Producer/Developer assists in the development and maintenance of Heritage.org and other Heritage web sites. The Web Producer/Developer works as part of the Online Communications team, assisting with content management, web application development and product testing tasks.
- Create event RSVP pages for the Special Events department in conjunction with the team web designer.
- Oversee the assignment incoming support tickets for the web service desk.
- Complete content publishing and other content management tasks on multiple websites, using content management systems (Sitecore, WordPress) and via hard-coded sites (HTML, Cold Fusion).
- Assist with QA testing for new site launches bi-weekly releases.
- Provide production support to research critical production issues and efficiently and effectively resolve problems.
- Creates and adhere to development plans for assigned development projects.
- Oversee the content management tasks for SEO projects as assigned – ex. Htaccess file updates for redirects, internal linking.
- Assist with regular Online Communication Intern training.
- Challenge the status quo and conduct research and development on technologies, services and frameworks to continuously “plus” our team performance.
Job Type: Temporary
Requires a BA/BS. Coursework in a related field (for example, political science or computer science) is preferred.
1-2 years experience with web design software required. Familiarity with politics and policy is preferred.
- A strong understanding of computers and the web are essential.
- Familiarity programming with languages like C#, PHP, ColdFusion.
- Familiarity with Relational Databases like SQL Server strongly desired.
- Understand and support the Heritage mission and vision for America, and the department’s goals and objectives. Analytically minded with problem solving skills is required and candidate must be confident in their ability to troubleshoot technical issues.