The Multimedia Coordinator is responsible primarily for video production of live-streaming, daily content for The Heritage Foundation and The Daily Signal, Heritage’s multimedia news organization. The Multimedia Coordinator ensures that live-streamed videos meet editorial standards, maintain a consistent level of production quality, and are produced in a creative, compelling, and timely manner.
- Produces live events on air and manages live-streaming content.
- Thinks creatively to produce videos that communicate Heritage Foundation policy issues and Daily Signal news stories in a consistent and compelling manner.
- Assists on video shoots, multi-cam interviews, mini-documentaries and other Heritage Foundation and Daily Signal productions, incorporating relevant B-roll (videos, graphics, photos) and music.
- Books guests for interviews and coordinates travel to field shoots (if required).
- Coordinates with Daily Signal editors, reporters, and producers to research, produce, and stream social content.
- Creates video content that engages outside audiences and inspires sharing across social media platforms.
- Helps with video equipment purchases and upgrades, making recommendations based on the needs of the video team and emerging trends in digital news reporting.
- Observes new trends in digital journalism and works to incorporate them in to new and exciting daily video content.
- Provides constructive feedback and creative input to enhance the quality of video content produced by other members of team.
Job Type: Temporary
Bachelor’s degree in broadcast journalism, advertising, or production-related major.
1-2 years of shooting, editing, and producing videos for broadcast and/or posting online; thorough knowledge of posting timely news and media to Facebook and other social media platforms, ability to produce live-stream events and multi-camera interviews, knowledge of the newsroom and the workings of the Hill and/or think tanks.
- Excellent video production skills, attention to detail, organized, creative, ability to multitask and work with multiple stakeholders.
- Technical Skills:
- iPhone & Android phone live streaming; Live Webcasting software (Wirecast); professional audio recording (on camera and secondary for DSLRs); lavalier and shotgun microphones, handheld vs. tripod videography; three-point lighting for interviews and other video capture scenarios; Adobe Premiere Pro CC, Adobe Audition CC, and Adobe Media Encoder.
- Thorough understanding of organized workflow from camera to edit suite to exports for posting online, Microsoft Office and Outlook.
- SPECIAL SKILLS/REQUIREMENTS:
- Understand and support the Heritage mission and vision for America, and the team’s goals and objectives.
- Ability to work creatively and effectively in a fast-paced, collaborative media environment, providing and receiving creative direction and constructive feedback.
- Aptitude for thinking big, working wisely and quickly iterating.
- Hard working, resourceful, reliable, creative and organized with the ability to meet tight deadlines and be goal-oriented.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills.
- Grasp of political and policy news and a keen understanding of how they affect individuals.
- Excellent editing skills, attention to detail, organized, creative, ability to think quickly and react appropriately in a broadcast setting.
- Solid grasp of shot composition, microphone placement, and audio monitoring in a multi-camera interview environment.
- Thorough knowledge of Facebook and other social media platforms.
- Embrace new digital products and innovative storytelling styles with a vision of future audience trends.