Independent Contractor for Southwestern Regional Media Associate
The Heritage Foundation would like to engage an independent contractor as a Southwestern Regional Media Associate. The Associate would be responsible for pitching Heritage products and experts to print, broadcast and online reporters in Oklahoma, Texas, Colorado, Arizona and Nevada. The Associate would also establish and strengthen Heritage working relationships with print, broadcast and online journalists across the region.
Specifically, the Associate would:
- Pitch Heritage policy recommendations, products and experts to news media.
- Assist in writing/editing news releases and commentaries as assigned.
- Maintain and strengthen professional relations with news media in the Southwest.
- Promote Heritage policy positions, programs and events by working with all (print, broadcast and blogs) media in the region.
- Facilitate interviews and booking of Heritage analysts in the region.
- Take the lead in identifying local radio and TV interview opportunities, op-eds and other print exposure that relates Heritage issue advocacy campaigns to regional interests.
- Provide logistic support for regional meetings with Heritage analysts.
- Help maintain print media lists and contacts.
Job Type: Temporary
Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree
5-7 years experience as professional journalist or public relations professional
- Must have excellent communications skills, including demonstrated proficiency in writing and editing
- A keen interest in public policy and advancement of conservative policy solutions.
- Existing contacts among news media in the Southwestern region of the United States.
- Knowledge of print, broadcast and online media operations and needs.
- Must be aggressive, detail-oriented and highly creative.
- Must understand and support the Heritage mission and vision for America, and the department’s goals and objectives.
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office, Outlook