Digital Media Associate
The Digital Media Associate implements the social media strategy for Heritage and The Foundry. The position requires content promotion on social media platforms with the goal of persuading and activating audiences needed to achieve conservative policy victories.
- Help manage social media platforms for Heritage and The Foundry, such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, Tumblr, Pinterest, Instagram, and YouTube.
- Implement strategies to attract target audiences to The Foundry, Morning Bell, and social media platforms.
- Assist with the execution of community engagement and acquisition initiatives such as petitions, polls, contests, and spotlight user-generated content in creative ways.
- Write 1-2 news stories per week for The Foundry about trending topics and issues.
- Assist with outreach efforts to bloggers and social media community, including promotion of The Bloggers Briefing and Conversations with Conservatives.
- Represent Heritage on panels and at conferences as an expert on social media.
- Develop creative ideas for making Heritage and The Foundry a catalyst for innovation in the digital media space. Keep the team informed of emerging digital media trends, products and services.
- Maintain relationships with the digital teams at allied conservative organizations.
- Work with other Heritage teams to train colleagues on effective use of social media.
Job Type: Temporary
1-3 years of digital media and communications experience.
- Understand and support the Heritage mission and vision for America, and the team’s goals and objectives.
- Attends The Foundry’s daily editorial meeting.
- Desire to sell ideas with passion.
- Ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize them, and deliver first-rate work.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with an eye for detail.
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office and Outlook, Photo Shop, Word Press and Web Development