Service Desk Manager
Responsible for managing the Service Desk function including department processes focused on delivering exceptional customer experiences and business results to advance Heritage’s mission. Assist with the performance of technicians as they provide support to the Heritage workforce (internal and external) and make certain that organization and department service levels are achieved. Will own and be accountable for meeting or exceeding team objectives as well as customer expectations.
- Oversee all incoming Service Desk requests, incidents and problems.
- Manage and coordinate urgent and complicated support issues to ensure timely resolution.
- Act as first escalation point for all requests and incidents.
- Develop and mature service processes to ensure simultaneous work toward issue resolution and communication regarding status of issue within the organization.
- Determine root cause of issues and communicate appropriately to internal and external customers.
- Works with internal staff and outside vendors to coordinate support for IS systems, applications and infrastructure.
- Track new and emerging trends in technology that affect and/or may benefit the IS department and the Heritage Foundation.
- Train, coach and mentor Service Desk Specialists
- Build training material for support staff and end users.
- Schedule employees working times and provide backup support.
- Provide data and reporting as directed.
- Develop and implement an effective and workable framework for daily performance, metrics and benchmarks, and team organization standards and processes designed to provide highly effective customer service.
- Review survey feedback to improve services, tools and support experience.
- Responsible for communications with the organization about network issues, outages, and/or possible concerns.
- Manage vendor relationships as it depends on daily operational needs.
- Keep confidential all applicant, client, and verification and company proprietary information.
- Other duties as assigned to advance the objectives and goals of the IS team.
Job Type: FullTime
Bachelor’s degree preferred.
5 or more years’ technical experience supporting systems and devices in a Microsoft environment, with at least 2 years managing a support team. Experience in project management, cost-benefit analysis and/or budgeting is a plus. Technical certifications and specialized management training are highly desired.
- Superior technical and analytical skills
- Ability to trouble-shoot problems and anticipate consequences of actions
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong verbal and written communication required
- Ability to communicate technical issues to non-technical personnel
- Strong organizational skills
- Detail oriented with a strong sense of follow-through
- On-call responsibilities as assigned including occasional after-hours needs
- Understand and support the Heritage mission and vision for America, and the department's goals and objectives