Service Desk Lead, Information Systems
Responsible for overseeing the Service Desk function to deliver exceptional customer experiences and business results. Provide advanced IT troubleshooting, technical support, and guidance for the organization composed of 400+ workstations, utilizing Windows, Mac, and virtualization; mobile technologies, and telecommunication systems for a multi-site environment and remote workforce. Assist the IS Director in evaluating the performance of technicians as they provide support to the Heritage workforce (internal and external) and make certain that organization and team service levels are achieved.
- Oversee the classification and completion of all incoming Service Desk requests, incidents and problems.
- Coordinate urgent and complicated support issues to ensure timely resolution.
- Act as escalation point for diagnostic and troubleshooting issues.
- Develop service desk processes to ensure:
- work toward issue resolution with appropriate urgency,
- root cause of issues is identified and addressed,
- new learnings are integrated into service desk and end-user documentation,
- customer service is prioritized in every interaction, and
- appropriate issue data is collected within the tracking system.
- Works with internal staff and outside vendors to coordinate support for IS systems, applications and infrastructure.
- Track new and emerging trends in technology that affect and/or may benefit the IS department and the Heritage Foundation.
- Train, coach and mentor Service Desk Specialists with particular emphasis on developing relevant technical, problem-solving and customer service skills.
- Build training material for support staff and end users.
- Schedule employees working times and provide backup support.
- Provide data and reporting as directed.
- Implement an effective and workable framework for daily performance, metrics and benchmarks, and team organization standards and processes designed to provide highly effective customer service.
- Review survey feedback to improve services, tools and support experience.
- Responsible for communications with the organization about network and systems issues, outages, and/or possible concerns.
- Maintain vendor relationships as they pertain to daily operational needs.
- Keep confidential all proprietary information.
- Other duties as assigned to advance the objectives and goals of the IS team.
Job Type: FullTime
Bachelor’s degree preferred.
5 or more years’ technical experience supporting systems and devices in a Microsoft environment, with at least 2 years in a lead or supervisory capacity. Experience in project management, cost-benefit analysis and/or budgeting is a plus. Technical certifications and management training are highly desired.
- ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Superior technical and analytical skills
- Ability to trouble-shoot problems and anticipate consequences of actions
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong verbal and written communication required
- Ability to communicate technical issues to non-technical personnel
- Strong organizational skills
- Detail oriented with a strong sense of follow-through
- On-call responsibilities as assigned including occasional after-hours needs
- Understand and support the Heritage mission and vision for America, and the department's goals and objectives