Senior Fellow for Economics and Fiscal Research
The Heritage Foundation's mission is "to formulate and promote conservative public policies based on the principles of free enterprise, limited government, individual freedom, traditional American values, and a strong national defense." Based on those principles, the main objectives of the Foundation's Division of Domestic and Economic Policy are to limit the size, scope, cost and intrusiveness of government, expand individual freedom in a context of ordered liberty, and facilitate economic growth through free markets. Consistent with the mission and those objectives, the Senior Fellow for Economics and Fiscal Research engages in research, publication, education programs, and other work, in collaboration with Heritage divisions and cooperating organizations as appropriate, concerning: (1) the U.S. and world economies; (2) U.S. government spending, taxation and borrowing; and (3) monetary policy.
- Engage in: (1) professional research, analysis, and writing for publication by Heritage and, as appropriate, others; (2) organization of meetings and events; and (3) representation of Heritage in many settings, including public functions, professional conferences, and, as appropriate, legislative hearings and meetings.
- Work with others across Heritage and in other organizations, including Heritage Action for America, to achieve Heritage objectives.
- Communicate effectively with staff of Heritage, Heritage Action, and other organizations, the general public, print, broadcast and electronic news, and, as appropriate, Federal, State, local and foreign officials.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of the Roe Institute.
Job Type: FullTime
Graduate degree in economics, finance, or business. Ph.D. strongly preferred.
Substantial experience at senior levels of business, government, academia, or non-profit institutions in economic and fiscal research, publication, and education, including significant experience with economic modeling.
- Understands and supports the Heritage mission.
- Performs top-quality research, analysis, writing, and publication, with emphasis on accuracy, insightfulness, and timeliness, in economics and fiscal matters.
- Engages in effective oral and written communication and advocacy, in a variety of settings, including public speaking and mass media appearances.
- Exercises initiative, within mission and established policies, to achieve assigned objectives.