Research Assistant, Center for Principles and Politics
The Heritage Foundation’s mission is to formulate and promote conservative public policies based on the principles of free enterprise, limited government, individual freedom, traditional American values and a strong national defense. Within Heritage’s Research Group, the main objectives of the Simon Center for Principles and Politics (CPP) are to educate on the importance and application of those principles and to conduct long-term research on the best means to advance them.
The Research Assistant will have three primary responsibilities: (1) conduct long-term research projects for the Director and assist him with editing and writing; (2) administrative duties; (3) publish short research papers for The Heritage Foundation and op-eds in the public square. As the Research Assistant gains experience and demonstrates his/her capabilities, he/she will be alloted more time for independent research and publishing.
- Conduct research for the Director.
- Help prepare remarks for speeches and conferences.
- Assist with special projects.
- Administrative support for Director including travel arrangements; scheduling; correspondence; expense reports.
- General support for the department.
- Assist in the management of CPP interns.
- Research, write and publish research briefs for The Heritage Foundation on a variety of subjects relating to American political thought.
- Publish op-eds and essays in a variety of media outlets.
Job Type: FullTime
1-3 years of relevant experience
- Communication: Mastery of English language and composition
- Computer: MS Office and Outlook
- Special Skills/Requirements:
- Basic knowledge and interest in American political thought (First Principles) and conservatism.
- Position requires excellent writing and research skills, and the ability to summarize vast amounts of information accurately, concisely and clearly.
- Understand and support the Heritage mission and vision for America, and the center’s goals and objectives.