The Heritage Foundation's mission is "to formulate and promote conservative public policies based on the principles of free enterprise, limited government, individual freedom, traditional American values, and a strong national defense." Based on those principles, the main objectives of the Center for Trade and Economics (CTE) are to provide timely analytical and policy research on the role that free markets, the rule of law, and democratic institutions play in fostering economic growth in countries around the world, including through Heritage’s flagship product, the Index of Economic Freedom, co-published annually with the Wall Street Journal. Consistent with the mission and those objectives, the Research Assistant in the Center is responsible for assisting in researching and writing papers, helping with the annual publication of the Index, conducting projects, and organizing events.
- Research and drafting for the Index of Economic Freedom.
- Providing general support for management and staff, including office budgeting and administrative support.
- Research and drafting for publications, speeches, and testimony on behalf of senior staff.
- Assisting in the development, planning, coordinating, and hosting of public events.
- Maintaining Index database.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of the Center.
Job Type: FullTime
B.A. or B.S. required (economics or international relations degree preferred)
2-3 years experience preferred.
- Computer: MS Office, statistical software
- Communication: Excellent writer, proficient in power point and excel to produce presentations and maintain data banks.
- Special Skills/Requirements:
- Understand and support the Heritage mission and vision for America, and the department’s goals and objectives.
- Self-motivated, independent, well organized.
- Able to oversee large, complex project.
- Proficient in statistical analysis.