The Membership Associate is responsible for meeting the budgeted fundraising goals of Heritage Action for America and doing so in a way that builds relationships with donors. These goals will be achieved by managing the house file, prospecting, high dollar and donor cultivation direct marketing programs. The Membership Associate will work closely with key Heritage Action for America team members and is responsible for relationships with a number of outside vendors and consultants.
•Direct Mail – Manage the daily operations and strategy of the housefile, prospecting and high dollar programs; works with outside agencies to develop, review and approve copy, package design, and data; manages list selection; provides analysis of package results and tracks program results.
•Telemarketing – Manages telemarketing program including strategy, scripts and schedule; ensures callers are kept up to date on Heritage Action’s activities and impact, and are able to articulate this information to donors.
•Cultivation Mailings – Coordinates the timing and production of regular cultivation mailings. This includes the monthly CEO letter; quarterly cultivation mailings and special letters.
Job Type: FullTime
2-3 years of direct marketing experience required. Knowledge of direct marketing techniques, data analysis, current events, and conservative thought is essential.
- Understand and support The Heritage Foundation and Heritage Action for America mission and vision for America
- Strong detail-oriented production skills, including the ability to proof accurately.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively with multiple stakeholders and outside consultants.
- Ability to solve problems, work under pressure, think creatively, and act independently.