Develop and implement marketing and brand strategies designed to increase the Heritage Foundation’s and The Daily Signal’s policy influence. Develop research-based insights into the unique emotional and functional needs of each brand’s target audiences. Work with members of the Strategic Communications team as well as cross-functional, cross-divisional teams, to plan and implement all marketing campaigns; responsible for the execution, quality control, scheduling and optimization testing for Heritage’s and The Daily Signal’s paid marketing program.
- Develop and execute marketing plans for Heritage products and issue campaigns, working in conjunction with the strategic communications team and key teams across the building, all aimed at influencing Heritage's key audiences.
- Support the development and creation of marketing materials, tracking projects and team activities; assisting with marketing communications.
- Develop marketing communications based on market research findings for Heritage research, products and campaigns.
- Formulate and execute targeted marketing campaigns for Heritage authors and their books, working in conjunction with the strategic communications team as well as outside publishers and agencies.
- Develop and execute paid marketing strategies using market research and customer-based insights to drive media channels decisions in order to increase Heritage's influence.
- Oversee and continually improve the marketing campaign development and deployment process including: creative and copy, segmentation and data processing and quality control through to back-end analysis.
- Define, execute and continually adjust for cost-effective audience engagement campaigns. Optimize ROI targets with quality of engagement.
- Collaborate with the Strategic Communication leadership to establish growth targets for relevant audience segments.
- Establish unmatched knowledge of traditional/digital/social paid media opportunities.
- Leverage audience intelligence platform in strategic marketing efforts.
Job Type: FullTime
Bachelors Degree in marketing, business administration, or related field
A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in building and maintaining direct to consumer engagement, preferably in the publishing or issue advocacy fields.
- Computers: MS Excel, Outlook, Word, and Power Point.
- Communications: Excellent verbal and written communication skills needed, including strong spelling and proofreading ability.
- SPECIAL SKILLS/REQUIREMENTS:
- Understand and support the Heritage mission and vision for America, and the department's goals and objectives.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a high-volume environment.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks; very detail oriented.
- Basic knowledge of policy issues and Hill processes, procedures, rules, etc.
- Experience developing and executing digital marketing optimization strategies.
- Customer segmentation marketing, brand management or advertising experience a plus.
- Current on industry trends including performance, conversion rates, mobile adoption, social media, email deliverability, etc. Well organized with attention to detail and ability to follow-through
- HTML skills a plus.