Market Research Associate
The market research associate will work closely with the Strategic Marketing Director to implement and drive ROI from a comprehensive audience intelligence platform that includes market research, audience insights, and a real-time listening program designed to deliver critical customer insights.
The market research associate will be the primary point of contact for Heritage’s external research partners and will collaborate with them to translate research findings into meaningful and actionable insights and effective marketing strategies designed to increase Heritage’s policy influence. The market research associate will be a conduit for interpretation, consultation, training, and division level implementation of research findings.
The market research associate will do so by actively listening and developing research-based insights into the unique emotional and functional needs of the customer. This position requires a proven track record in market research, consumer insights and segmentation, and solid exposure to marketing and/or brand strategies.
- Facilitate and coordinate market research program in conjunction with cross-departmental teams and external market research partners, managing structure and flow of research projects/findings between vendor, internal parties and external stakeholder network.
- Translate market research data and customer insights into actionable communications and marketing concepts and tactics.
- Effectively interpret and communicate market research findings, and make recommendations based on those findings, across the Heritage team.
- Play an integral role in educating and coaching peers and team members on attitudes and behaviors of audience segments and market research findings.
- Ability to present research findings to internal and external audiences with varying degrees of expertise and knowledge, and with differing goals and target audiences, all while winning converts to the capabilities and outcomes of the market research program.
- Draw insights from data and collaborate with team to develop effective marketing and brand strategies that integrate the full spectrum of Heritage’s media and marketing capabilities.
- Contribute to and help shape Heritage efforts to measure effectiveness of communication and marketing activities, optimize resources, and increase results.
Job Type: FullTime
BA/BS in marketing research, marketing, analytics, or related field. MBA a plus.
A minimum of 3-5 years in consumer-focused market research and behavioral analysis. Familiar with qualitative and quantitative research methodologies, survey techniques, measures and consumer insight and segmentation platforms like Prizm or MRI. Experience measuring, tracking and reporting on customer satisfaction, brand awareness and audience segment analysis. Marketing, brand management or advertising experience a plus.
- Understand and support the Heritage mission and vision for America, and the department’s goals and objectives.
- Must have knowledge of the legislative process and major policy debates.
- Must be able to work in an atmosphere of collaboration, multiple projects, teams and priorities.
- Strong analytical skills and exceptional problem solving capabilities.