Design, layout and produce creative concepts for print and digital products including invitations, books, social media graphics, advertising campaigns, video and other collateral that advances organizational goals. Collaborate within Creative team and across organization to create brand appropriate design solutions that resonate with defined audiences. Understand the brand identity of The Heritage Foundation and The Daily Signal—know our look and how to apply it.
- Understand visual identity of both Heritage and The Daily Signal and be able to translate these defined aesthetics into brand appropriate visual solutions.
- Design and layout print and digital products—including invitations, programs, signage, books, newsletters, advertising campaigns, brochures, and other collateral that promote Heritage’s policy research and/or support organizational goals.
- Collaborate with client partners and Creative Director to understand audience and goals for every project so as to consistently ensure the most visually pleasing and audience appropriate approaches are explored for each design product.
- Find or create appropriate art (photos, illustrations, other graphics) for design projects, heritage.org or dailysignal.com.
- Prep files for print vendors and/or for digital dissemination. Review technical aspects of publication designs, and prepare files for printers.
- Maintain standards of quality, legibility, and aesthetics in all design materials.
- Performs other, related duties as required.
Job Type: FullTime
2-4 years of experience in graphic or visual design. In-house agency experience a plus.
- Computers: Macintosh. Software Requirements: Adobe Creative Suite—InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Acrobat. Knowledge of and interest in emerging technologies and trends.
- Special skills:
- Understanding of print production.
- High level of proficiency in design, clearly able to articulate design rationale and its role in creative problem solving.
- Thoughtful giver and receiver of constructive critique; ability to objectively process feedback to effectively evolve conversations and designs.
- Highly organized and disciplined, can pace work to meet all agreed-upon deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to clearly present ideas in all stages of design process.
- Close attention to design aesthetics and details.
- Understand and support the Heritage mission and vision for America, and the department's goals and objectives.