Executive Assistant to the Vice President and Senior Counselor
The Executive Assistant will primarily assist the VP and Senior Counselor by managing and prioritizing the principal’s daily calendar and coordinating travel logistics, in order to allow him to successfully solicit major gifts for The Heritage Foundation and meet his goals each year. He/she will anticipate and complete tasks in an efficient and effective manner. The EA will also draft memos and edit all of the VP’s correspondence. As a representative of The Heritage Foundation, the development department, and the VP, the EA must exhibit excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Keeping Outlook calendar current.
- Scheduling rooms, equipment, meals, etc. for in-house meetings.
- Making all travel arrangements including appointments, air and ground transportation, lodging, meeting back up, and driving instructions.
- Managing and emphasizing all donor contact follow up
- Represent The Heritage Foundation, the department, and the VP to callers and visitors.
- Edit and formalize reports and all correspondence.
- Expense reports and occasional memos and correspondence.
- Donor research as needed
- Administrative and research support for a book project the VP plans to complete in 2014
Job Type: FullTime
Bachelor's degree prefered.
5-8 years administrative experience with a scheduling emphasis.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Anticipate, prioritize and expedite tasks listed in an efficient and effective manner.
- Understand and enthusiastically support the Heritage mission and vision, and the department's goals and objectives.
- Consistently produce documents that convey information and ideas in an accurate and compelling way.
- Fundraising experience preferred.
- Exercise good judgment, common sense, problem solving and maintain confidentiality.
- Work independently and take initiative.