Executive Assistant to the Vice President
The Executive Assistant will primarily assist the VP by managing and prioritizing the principal’s daily calendar and coordinating travel logistics, in order to allow her to represent Heritage and help to provide leadership to the conservative movement, as well as oversee the programs for which she is responsible. Anticipate and complete tasks in an efficient and effective manner. Draft memos and edit all of the VP’s correspondence. As a representative of The Heritage Foundation, the External Relations Department, and the VP, the EA must exhibit excellent customer service and communication skills.
•Manage information flow to VP from development office colleagues, other departments, and non-Heritage sources. This information includes such items as correspondence, memos, reports, Heritage publications, outside publications and mailings, and financial information including preparing and managing budgets.
•Maintain accurate files of the above as appropriate.
•Prioritize and track daily action items as well as travel goals on a quarterly basis.
•Manage the VP’s office and travel calendar which includes the following:
-Keeping Outlook calendar current.
-Scheduling rooms, equipment, meals, etc. for in-house meetings.
-Making all travel arrangements including appointments, air and ground transportation, lodging, meeting back up, and driving instructions.
-Managing and emphasizing all donor and contact follow up
•Represent The Heritage Foundation, the department, and the VP to callers and visitors.
•Edit and formalize reports and all correspondence.
•Expense reports and occasional memos and correspondence.
•Represent Heritage in public venues managing events, including logistics and staff.
Job Type: FullTime
8-10 years administrative experience with a scheduling emphasis
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Anticipate, prioritize and expedite tasks listed in an efficient and effective manner.
- Understand and enthusiastically support the Heritage mission and vision for America, and the department's goals and objectives.
- Consistently produce documents that convey information and ideas in an accurate and compelling way.
- Work as part of the External Relations department and Heritage Foundation teams.
- Accounting experience preferred.
- Exercise good judgment and maintain confidentiality.
- Work independently and take initiative.
- Some travel required.