Executive Assistant to the Vice President
The Heritage Foundation's mission is "to formulate and promote conservative public policies based on the principles of free enterprise, limited government, individual freedom, traditional American values, and a strong national defense." Within the Foundation and based on those principles, the main objective of the Institute for Family, Community, and Opportunity is to build, through research, publication, and other activities, the intellectual foundation for Heritage conservative public policies, with particular emphasis on promoting the conditions and institutions necessary for life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Consistent with the mission and that objective, the Executive Assistant to the Vice President for the Institute is responsible for all institute-level clerical and administrative support.
- Manages the Vice President’s schedule and calendar
- Manages the office files
- Arranges transportation
- Maintains contact lists
- Coordinates events and meetings for the Vice President
- Provides general office support, such as mail handling and answering and directing calls.
- Orders and maintains stock of office supplies
- Assembles Quarterly Report input for the department.
- Assists with the preparation and monitoring of the department budget.
Job Type: FullTime
5 – 7 years of related experience or equivalent skill level
- Communication: Excellent verbal, writing, and editing skills; mastery of English language and composition.
- Computer Skills: Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Special Skills/Requirements:
- Understand and support the Heritage mission and vision for America, and the department’s goals and objectives
- Good instincts, organizational skills and willingness to take direction.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-moving environment.
- Mature and discreet
- Excellent knowledge of Heritage, its people and its mission
- Typing and note taking
- General office skills