Director, Information Systems
Oversee enterprise-wide information technology systems. Be a source of trusted strategic advice on all technology matters to support and advance Heritage’s mission and objectives. Lead, manage, and develop an IS team of approximately 10 in-house network administrators and technicians to deliver results in Heritage’s best interest. Direct the management of IT platforms and technologies—primary and back-up data centers, server and storage infrastructure utilizing virtualization, enterprise applications, 400+ workstations, A/V installations, mobile technologies and telecommunication systems for a multi-site environment —balancing cost, security, and functionality against desired business requirements.
- Provide excellent stewardship over IT and AV platforms and systems; architect systems to be resilient, secure, and optimized to meet enterprise objectives.
- Develop and administer IT policies and procedures based upon industry best practices to protect Heritage’s intellectual property, reputation, and financial resources.
- Provide guidance on enterprise-wide procurement decisions related to software, hardware, mobility, and telecommunications; effectively analyze project and program management decisions based on appropriate financial analysis.
- Oversee annual expense and long-term IT capital budgets; exercise budget discipline through effective direct resource allocation and budget prioritization decisions.
- Develop a high-performance, results-driven IS team that seeks out opportunities for enhanced collaboration among other Heritage departments with the highest standards, professionalism, and a whatever-it-takes mentality.
- Provide flawless and customer-centric support services that are responsive, innovative, and cost-effective.
- Maintain a strong IT security posture over enterprise-wide technology platforms and systems; manage multi-layered technologies to monitor and protect data and computing resources from malicious attacks.
- Develop and implement a vision and multi-year strategy for Heritage’s technology programs aligned to the Heritage’s mission and business objectives; utilize this strategy as the basis for resource allocation, personnel, and operational decision-making.
- Explore new technologies and industry trends, collaborate with internal partners, and engage with other leaders in the industry to enhance operations of the IS team; recommend new solutions based on research, analysis, and proficient knowledge of business needs.
- Develop, test, and validate business continuity plans that ensure the IT infrastructure is protected from interruptions, short-term outages, and long-term disasters.
- Act as trusted partner and advisor to the Technology Solutions team, which is responsible for Heritage’s marketing automation, constituent relationship management, and web solutions.
- Establish and deliver annual IS team goals; provide overall direction for team activities and priorities; develop project plans and schedules; effectively oversee third-party partners and contracts.
- Recommend team staffing levels including optimal insource/outsource balance, recruit qualified individuals to fill approved positions. Provide mentoring, training, and professional development opportunities to develop and retain talented team members.
Job Type: FullTime
Bachelor’s Degree required; M.B.A. or Master’s of Science in Management, IS, or technology discipline preferred
6 - 10 years managing a corporate information systems/network team
- Key skills include IT leadership, IT infrastructure oversight, IT customer support, strategic planning, budgeting and financial analysis, team development and performance coaching, internal and external collaboration
- Strong understanding of IT networks, hardware, applications, security, business continuity, customer service, policies, procedures, and best practices
- SPECIAL SKILLS/REQUIREMENTS:
- Strong and effective written and verbal communication skills; proven ability to communicate clearly and concisely to disparate audiences enterprise-wide
- Excellent critical thinking skills and ability to handle emergency situations, demonstrating sound judgment under pressure
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail; proven ability to handle multiple projects while setting appropriate priorities to achieve goals
- Demonstrated history of budgeting, financial management, and financial reporting skills
- Understand and support the Heritage mission and vision for America, and the group’s goals and objectives