Digital Content Producer
The Digital Content Producer plays a critical role in the creation of Heritage-branded content, with a particular focus on Heritage.org. The Producer will create and curate content, develop multimedia supplements to existing content, and coordinate with Heritage Foundation researchers and other stakeholders in making Heritage.org more engaging and dynamic. The Producer works as part of the Digital Strategy team, assisting with content creation across platforms, ongoing content management, and with testing and optimization.
- Develop weekly, monthly, and longer-term analytics reports that provide key stakeholders with performance metrics across digital platforms and channels. Analyze results and synthesize takeaways and resulting recommendations.
- Play a role in the development of digital advocacy campaigns and serve as project manager of select campaigns and initiatives.
- Develop video content for the Heritagebrand on an as-needed basis, including by producing Facebook Live videos and news brief videos.
- Create content for Heritage.org, including writing headlines and impact articles, creating micro-content and issue explainers.
- Develop, launch, and manage collections and Heritage-owned microsites, with an eye toward meeting user needs and managing the total scope of online properties.
- Manage content entry workflows and approvals for Heritage.org.
- Coordinate the publishing of commentary with assistance from the department research assistants.
- Complete content publishing and other content management tasks on multiple existing web properties, using content management systems (Drupal and WordPress).
- Assist with QA testing for new site launches and site updates by testing multiple browsers as well as mobile versions of the sites.
- Coordinate A/B and multivariate testing on the site to optimize and improve performance.
- Challenge the status quo and conduct research and development on technologies, services and frameworks to continuously “plus” our team performance.
Job Type: FullTime
Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, or related field.
2-5 years of digital media experience at a corporation, non-profit, advocacy organization, or marketing/public relations firm or agency.
- Excellent writing and project management skills. Strong judgment of audience interests and issue newsworthiness.
- Computer & Equipment Skills:
- Google Analytics, Chartbeat, Sprout Social or other social media management tool, YouTube, CMS systems (Drupal and Wordpress experience preferred), Microsoft Excel, Google Documents.
- Knowledge of HTML strongly preferred.
- SPECIAL SKILLS/REQUIREMENTS:
- Understand and support the Heritage mission and vision for America, and the team’s goals and objectives.
- Hard working, resourceful, creative and organized with the ability to meet tight deadlines and be goal-oriented.
- Attention to detail, organized, creative, ability to think quickly and react appropriately.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills.
- A keen sense of user experience and a relentless focus on putting audience needs first.
- Awareness of latest digital media trends and newest platforms, as well as the ability to evaluate the impact of these trends.