The Database Administrator assists in the management of financial and constituent database systems, including input, maintenance, training and analysis of data to help the Development Department increase annual income and maximize solicitation strategies. S/he will serve as part analyst and part data engineer.
- Provide Tier 1 support for database questions from staff as well as regular training.
- Maintain the structure of attributes, code tables, business rules, and all other setup functions.
- Handle global changes, importing, batch entry and all other global functions to ensure seamless data integration points.
- Ensure database changes are and modifications are made carefully with the approval of the Senior Database Administrator.
- Create, assist other users, or request report customizations from Blackbaud or report writers.
- Assist in developing and generating financial reports to track income, create budgets, and maximize giving.
- Conduct regular hygiene processes to maintain data integrity and correcting errors such as code table modifications and duplicate records.
- Identify weaknesses in business practices and suggest areas of improvement and streamlining of workflows.
- Process Major Grants, monthly credit card and matching gifts and coordinate with writers and regional managers to ensure proper follow-up.
- Maintain systems policies designed to improve donor experience by quickly acknowledging contributions and adapting the system to meet donor requests.
- Maintain and update policy and procedure documentation for archival and training retention.
Job Type: FullTime
2-4 years database management and/or accounting experience preferred
- Experience with database management systems, preferably in a fundraising environment. Analytical minded with problem solving skills. Confident in ability to troubleshoot issues. Able to quickly and adeptly learn new software application and development environments. Highly organized and detail oriented. Ability to manage numerous tasks while setting appropriate priorities to achieve goals. Understand and support the Heritage mission and vision for America and the department's goals and objectives.