Data Support Specialist
The Data Support Specialist supports all Blackbaud CRM data entry and import activities, works closely with other data analysts, and provides on-going user training to assure Heritage maintains the highest level of confidence in its data.
- Maintain and ensure data integrity for the organization’s constituent database using Blackbaud CRM.
- Develop and document procedures and recommend improvements to ensure data quality.
- Verify the accuracy and quality of all data entry activities, including testing/verifying the quality standards of all automated data imports and all web data collection mechanisms.
- Resolve inconsistencies or inaccurate information within the CRM database to improve functionality by running reports, analyzing information and applying corrections where needed.
- Create, modify, and delete constituent records in Blackbaud CRM from data supplied by various departments.
- Work with colleagues in other departments to develop and document tracking information to understand record source for mailings and other lists reflecting interests, memberships and participation in events.
- Conducts demographic data changes and updates constituent records (data screenings).
- Retrieve or run pre-defined reports as needed.
- Training users to become proficient in the use of Blackbaud CRM.
- Assists with cleanup of the Raiser’s Edge database in areas such as constituent codes, attributes, and queries.
- Additional assignments as assigned by the Director of Online Communications.
Job Type: FullTime
Bachelor's degree preferred.
1-2 years' experience with computer systems, databases, and Microsoft Office Suite of products. Candidate should have a working knowledge of Blackbaud CRM and/or the Raiser's Edge applications, plus 6 months minimal experience doing data imports and/or clean-up. Experience in a Development office preferred.
- Excellent computer skills and ability to learn and adapt quickly to new software.
- Understand and support the Heritage mission and vision for America, and the department's goals and objectives. Analytically minded with problem solving skills is required and candidate must be confident in their ability to troubleshoot issues.