Congressional Events Coordinator and Assistant, Policy Promotion
The Congressional Events Coordinator handles all event logistics for Policy Services’ and Policy Outreach’s 1,000+ internal and external events each year. Promotes policy materials to the Hill through our digital email platform and assists the Vice President with internal collaboration measures. Serves as a logistical resource for the Group Vice President of Policy Promotion and the Vice President of Policy Services and Policy Outreach.
- Ultimate responsibility for all logistical planning for Policy Services and Policy Outreach internal and external events. There are over 1,000 events each year and these departments will depend on this position for scheduling, meeting spaces, catering, RSVP tracking and event planning.
- Maintenance of digital databases for strategic promotion of Heritage policy analysis.
- Assist the Group Vice President with all administrative tasks which include but are not limited to scheduling, travel arrangements, budgeting
- Assist the Vice President with internal collaboration measures and projects
- Assist the Vice President with research and logistical help
- Execute scheduling, event logistics and travel arrangements for the Conservative Candidate Briefing Program
- Assist department colleagues with ad hoc requests related to the organization of daily event and fellowships, and the delivery of policy material to congressional and coalition allies.
- Manage department budgets, vendor invoices and payment, and submitting expense reports
Job Type: FullTime
B.A., B.S. or higher
5 years of relevant experience which means administration of priority projects in a similar atmosphere
- Impeccable written and inter personal communication skills.
- Proficiency in digital administration; ability to learn new software.
- Special Skills/Requirements:
- Capitol Hill Experience preferred.
- Understand and support the Heritage mission and vision for America, and the department's goals and objectives
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, innovative, collaborative department
- Works to be a forward thinking asset, providing a fresh perspective to the department operations
- Expectation and desire to create relationships across departments, with a strong emphasis on strong internal collaboration.