Assistant Director, Membership Programs
The Assistant Director oversees Heritage’s direct mail fundraising operations and builds relationships with Heritage supporters and members using direct mail, telemarketing and excellent customer service experiences. Work with the Director to develop the strategy and drive execution for all direct mail and telemarketing campaigns, set and manage the budget, and oversee a team of direct marketing professionals.
- Direct mail and telemarketing fundraising: Lead the development and analysis of all direct mail and telemarketing campaigns consistent with the established strategy; drive execution to meet multi-million income goals and hit deadlines.
- Budget: Work with the Director to set, manage and continuously evaluate a multi-million dollar expense budget to meet income goals, retention numbers and other KPIs.
- Team Leader: Oversee a team of 4 direct marketing professionals and numerous outside marketing partners to execute strategy and drive innovation.
- Build relationships with Heritage members: Deepen members’ relationship and trust of Heritage through a comprehensive communications plan across channels. Work closely with the major gifts team to ensure a smooth transition for donors who upgrade. Inspire excellent customer service for Heritage members, and evaluate related programs to exceed members’ expectations.
- Stay abreast of trends and developments in direct marketing fundraising and be forward thinking in testing.
Job Type: FullTime
5+ years of direct marketing experience preferred, 3+ years managing a team
- Microsoft Office and Outlook, Blackbaud CRM or other CRM
- Ability to communicate with Heritage Members and with individuals at all levels within and outside of Heritage.
- Special Skills/Requirements:
- Ability to manage multiple projects, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to solve problems, work under pressure, think creatively, and act independently.
- A heart for our donors and a passion for excellent customer service
- Understand and support the Heritage mission and vision for America, and the department’s goals and objectives.