Assistant Director, Digital Products
Plan and develop digital products for each brand in the Heritage portfolio by leveraging audience intelligence to increase the influence of The Heritage Foundation in winning conservative policy victories.
- Develop a deep understanding of the technologies, services and processes that are re-shaping the digital publishing industry and apply that knowledge to identify opportunities for the brands in Heritage’s portfolio.
- Work with brand managers to create product roadmaps to deliver engagement-driving features aligned with individual brands that fulfill the digital publishing and issue advocacy goals of the Strategic Communications Group.
- Actively collaborate with the Optimization Analyst to implement controlled experiments that create long-term value by driving increased customer knowledge.
- Apply agile project management practices to ensure timely project completion aligned to group objectives that balance immediate and long-term goals.
- Develop proposals that include scope of work, cost estimates, and resource and contingency plans to inform issue advocacy strategy briefs.
- Serve as a trusted advisor for digital product development including translating business needs to technical requirements, identifying technical risks, contributing to technology evaluations and prioritizing high-impact technology capabilities.
- Lead root cause analysis of internal pain points and drive process change and engineering solutions to remediate.
- Manage web designer and senior web developer staff, including day-to-day direction, performance management and mentoring.
Job Type: FullTime
4+ years experience serving as a product manager for policy, political or digital publishing brands.
- Communication: Mastery of English language and composition
- Computers: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook); Access; Internet skills.
- Understand and support the Heritage mission and vision for America, and the department's goals and objectives.